102 minutes

Channel 4 recently showed a documentary about the 9/11 attack in NYC, '102 minutes that changed america'. It takes us on a journey using camera footage shot throughout the city from when the first plane hit to when the last tower collapsed.
I've seen a lot of programs about 9/11 but I manage to keep 'my distance' from the events and never really felt emotionally involved with what took place, even though I realise it was a terrible thing that happened.
This documentary showed the events in a completely different way to what I was used to. The footage shot within the city makes you realise the vast amount of emotions and feelings that surrounded what had happened. The confusion and fear felt by every New Yorker grips you, feeling like you are in the chaos with them . This documentary casts aside the agendas of the terrorists and political situation surrounding the attacks, giving you a unique view of what that day was like for the people in the city.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/102-minutes-that-changed-america/4od#3119675



The first part of the documentary.

1 comment:

  1. I watched this last night and however many times I see those planes crash into the towers I still find it hard to consider that it actually happened. It was interesting to see a documentary that wasn't about the build up to 9/11, the information about the flights, the terrorists who were involved, and the timings that everything took place. It is about people, real emotions, fear of the unknown, how lives were affected and individual accounts of the day. For me it helps to bring a realisation to images and film footage I still struggle to watch and believe.

    ReplyDelete