Best building?

I was shocked to read that the Broadcasting Place building in Leeds had been handed the accolade of best new tall building, by the Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat. I can't say I agree with the decision, the building I find makes for uncomfortable viewing, with its disjointed edges and weathered steal. It looks to me like the creators have tried to hard to be different with their design and made something that does not work with the surrounding landscape. This is especially true when I see that it was up against the Bank of America HQ in North Carolina, which works well as a building in itself but also manages to maintain the cohesiveness of the city landscape.


 

















Winner                                                                                                       Loser

No comments:

Post a Comment